Reformer + MVe Chair
WHAT IS PILATES?
BOOK A CLASS
“MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO”
Before a Class
If plans change and life gets in the way please let us know 12 hours in advance.
Go bare or slip on your Pilates socks.
Smile. You’ve entered a happy place … and the body releases endorphins when your lips curl.
Best to wear training gear that’s tight so we can see what’s going on under there. Baggy works just fine too.
Leave everything in the changing rooms asides from your phone and valuables.
Turn your phone to silent. Enjoy the headspace.
Gift yourself an hour to move and be mindful.
After a Class
Smile. No one ever regrets exercise that’s already been done.
Wipe down any apparatus that you have used during class.
Don’t forget your phone.
Leave said phone on silent for as long as you dare.
Drink some water. More water.
Leave feeling longer, stronger, happier and healthier … and try to stay that way until you see us again.
how to get the most out of your PILATES WORKOUT
- CONCENTRATION. The mind-body connection is key to Pilates. For one hour try to forget about everything else in your life and let your mind truly focus on communicating with your body.
- CENTERING. In Pilates all movements originate from the centre of the body, which is located in the pelvis, just below your belly button. A strong centre will support the spine and major organs, strengthen the back and improve alignment and posture.
- CONTROL. By learning to truly control the body we can achieve quality of movement both in and outside the studio. Having control over your body is hugely empowering.
- PRECISION. Every movement has a purpose and sometimes the teeniest of tweaks can fire up a new muscle or create a stronger connection in the body.
- BREATHING. Following breathing cues can add a further dimension to your pilates practice. It challenges the mind while assisting certain movements. Plus it makes space to gulp in lovely fresh air.
- FLOWING MOVEMENT. Movement can both change and heal a body. Start moving and keep moving by turning every transition between exercises into part of your Pilates dance.
We would love to hear from you.
Jill – +47 469 45 955
Cathy – +47 476 56 549
Classes every day