I am a strong believer in authenticity, and I love collecting the elements that build on the principles of passion, workmanship, art, and purposefulness. The more I did Pilates, the more I saw these same qualities in this movement system. After the birth of my second child I suffered a traumatic injury that severely impaired my quality of life. This was an incredibly challenging time for me physically and emotionally. After a major surgery and lots of therapy I began to heal. But this was only the first step. A big part of my healing was to keep my body and all the supporting muscles as strong as possible and so I knew I had to change my way of thinking about movement – and I discovered Pilates. I found a very patient and caring teacher who helped me back to my feet again and the Pilates exercises left me feeling energized, balanced and most importantly, it gave me my confidence back.
After this experience, I really wanted to become a teacher and support others in similar situations. It was without hesitation for me to pursue the classical approach of Pilates and to stay as true to the source as I possibly could. I love using the classical method to show people that they can gain a deeper level of control over their body and their mind.
Originally from the west coast of Canada, I have lived abroad for 13 years and have been in Stavanger with my husband and three kids for three years. As much as I love Pilates, I also love to spend time with my family and friends. After running my studio here in Stavanger for two years, it was time to grow. I am so happy to have found another fabulous teacher, Cathy, who shares this same passion for Pilates and people. I hope you will have a positive experience here in our studio and look forward to helping you feel good, get stronger and be a better version of yourself.
HOW I GOT HERE
- Simon Fraser University BA – Geography and Kinesiology
- Simon Fraser University – Certificate in Health and Fitness.
- Simon Fraser University Women’s Soccer Team and Provincial and National level player.
- American Council of Exercise – Personal Training Certification – 12 years of personal training experience.
- Peak Pilates Classical Education – Comprehensive Certification (Mat and Apparatus)
- Pilates Instructor – SiS Sportssenter – 2 years
- Pregnancy + Postpartum Specialist – Pregnancy Pilates Impact Academy (NPCP)
- Anatomy Trains – Anatomy 101 with Tom Myers (8 week course – Yoga Alliance)
- Classical Pilates Mentorship Program with Carrie Russo
- Workshops including: Working with Scoliosis with Meredith Stephens, A Strong Start to your Center with Jill Miller, Understanding the Feet with Jillian Hessel, Pelvic Organ Prolapse with Sonje Mayo.
Jill - +47 469 45 955
Cathy - +47 476 56 549
Klasser hver dag